Verwood Values Lego Challenge
Whole School Home learning Task
To be completed by September 29th 2017
Please could you plan and make a model to show the Verwood Values at Verwood First School? You can use Lego or Duplo. The teaching teams have done this task and will talk about their models with the children to help inspire them. To help support this task please can you discuss the following words with you child and ask them how they do these at school to help influence their model making.
Resilience, Reflectiveness, Reciprocity, Resourcefulness, Respect and Responsibility
Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-Control.
E.g. – I am kind, patient and show respect at playtime. I am going to make the playground showing children doing this when playing with each other and the equipment.
E.g. I am resilient and reflect on my learning when I find it hard. I will make a model showing my classroom with children completing a learning task doing this.
- Use Lego or Duplo
- Models can be made independently or as a family.
- Can you encourage your child to discuss what parts of the model mean and add labels or write a short description, which they can hand into their class teacher?
- Once completed, please can you take one photograph of yourself with your model?
- Email this photo to the school email account by 29th September email@example.com with the subject - LEGO Values Challenge.
- All children who take part will get a certificate and their photograph will be displayed.
- Most importantly HAVE FUN!
We can’t wait to see how the children see the school