We aim to offer high quality, creative PE and sporting activities throughout the school, which is sustainable and accessible to all children. We aim to use the sports funding to increase the sportive and active opportunities we are offering our children in terms of participation, competition and the range of activities we offer.
The Schools Sports Premium is funding given to schools this year and next year to improve the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of pupils so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles.
The amount we have received this year is £9,700 Ann Clark is our P.E. Subject Leader and is coordinating our school sport premium funding and monitoring its impact.
How we have spent our money:
1. We have pooled some funding with the other first and middle schools within our pyramid to employ a specialist PE teacher from Emmanuel Middle School to coordinate festivals and competitions.
2. We have invested some of the sports premium money into ensuring all of our children have access to high quality resources; encouraging them to engage in physical activity during lunchtime and playtimes.
3. We have targeted a small group of children, who either find playing team games a challenge or who avoid physical activity. The sports premium has been used to employ two TAs to support and encourage these children during lunchtimes.
4. There have been an increased number of inter school tournaments and festivals, which have enabled more children to take part. These have included Netball, Gymnastics, Football, Rugby, Tennis, Athletics and Rounder’s.
5. To ensure curricular and non-curricular sporting opportunities are well organised and there is good communication and liaison between other local schools, the sport premium funding has been used to pay for a TA to organise and manage these successfully.
6. To give the children a wider range of sporting clubs we offer a sports coach has been employed to lead an after school club during the summer term.