Verwood CE First School and Nursery have the following vacancy:
Child Care Assistant - Nursery
NJC Grade 3 - Point 8 to 12 - £8.62 to £8.90 per hour
Zero Hours Contract
The children, staff and academy committee members of Verwood First School are looking for an enthusiastic and capable Nursery Assistant.
You will be part of a highly skilled and passionate team, who embrace a culture of professional growth, respect and trust.
Your key day-to-day tasks would include:
* Provide a safe and stimulating environment for all children.
* Ensuring you provide a warm and caring atmosphere for the children
* Working as part of a team with shared responsibilities
* Maintaining accurate records of children’s development and use information to support future planning, development and learning.
* Identify gaps in the child’s learning and development and liaise with the school SENCO to ensure the children with any additional needs are supported and are able to reach their goals.
* Ensure the environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays and equal opportunities.
You will need:
* Either an NVQ Level 3 or Equivalent in Childcare and Education
* Knowledge of the EYFS Curriculum.
* A strong understanding of child development.
* A passion for working with the under-fives.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* The ability to use your own initiative.
Our Nursery is open between the hours of 7.45am to 6.00pm, 50 weeks of the year. Working pattern will be negotiated with the successful candidate. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed – please contact the school office to arrange a visit on 01202 822652 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted via Dorsetforyou website
Closing date : Thursday 11th April 2019
Interview date : to be advised
Verwood CE First values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; this is a commitment which we expect all staff and volunteers to share. The successful candidate will be required to have a Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with the Governments safer recruitment guidelines.